Must Read Marketing Article Of The Week:
What we’ve got lined up for this weeks Marketing O’Clock:
- Google confirms it shortened search results snippets after expanding them last December
- Google changes the length of meta descriptions, again and tells us not to worry about it because Google chooses snippets dynamically.
- Amazon poised to launch new retargeting ad product
- Amazon continues its push towards digital advertising as they launch a new retargeting product.
- The new Google News: AI meets human intelligence
- There are a ton of new features being added to Google News to organize, discover and enjoy articles.
- Google issues updated GDPR guidance to publishers on how to gain consent from users
- Google provides us with new tips and suggestions as GDPR is fast approaching.
- Facebook expands its list of marketing partners while limiting what view tags can do
- Facebook is on-boarding more marketing partners to expand in three specific areas, marketing mix modeling, view-ability and mobile app measurement.
- Google to notify those who leave reviews when business owners respond
- Users will now be notified if a business responds to their review. Right now the notification comes in the form of an email but Google plans to make mobile notifications as well.
- Lithium will ‘sunset’ its Klout service on the day GDPR launches
- Klout conveniently ending on the day GDPR is being released and Lithium CEO Pete Hess claims it no longer fits the focus of the company.