There are a lot of stories and announcements to cover including Google launching new features for retail advertisers, Instagram now allowing users to shop directly from brand and business stories and much more.
Must Read Marketing Article Of The Week:
- The Ginormous Google Shopping Guide for the Beginner (or Anyone)by Kirk Williams
What we’ve got lined up for this weeks Marketing O’Clock:
- Google announces new features for retail advertisers at SMX Advanced
- Some of these new features include product price benchmarking and local catalog ads on the Display network.
- Bringing Shopping to Instagram Stories
- Brands and business are now able to add products to their Instagram stories allowing users to shop directly from stories.
- Improving Customer Service from Advertisers
- Facebook adds the ability to rate purchases and experiences users have with business through Facebook. The company says this is to make sure users are having a positive experience and help them become a more informed online shopper.
- Twitter announces changes to improve users’ experiences
- Twitter works on the user experience with multiple small changes to notifications and improving the way people receive and find information on the platform.
- Pivot to traditional: Direct-to-consumer brands sour on Facebook ads
- advertisers feel Facebook is becoming too expensive with a cluttered feed and are not happy with the platform.
- Facebook launches ‘Memories,’ a new home for reminiscing
- Facebook has created a new space to store your memories. You can look back on moments and memories you’ve shared with friends and family.
- Google Sitemaps URL Order Does Not Matter
- John Mueller announced the order of your URL’s does not matter. You can read the exact tweet in the link above.
- LinkedIn rolls out Sponsored Content carousel ads
- This new carousel feature allows you to add up to 10 customized swipable cards that will help companies stand out in the newsfeed.
- Snapchat is finally opening its app to developers — and has clearly learned from Facebook’s mistakes
- Snapchat will be coming out with 4 new API’s in efforts to grow their brand and get more users to sign up for the app.