August 30th, 2018
Watch this week’s episode of Marketing O’Clock to get your weekly dose of the biggest news from the digital marketing industry this week. Join Greg Finn and Cole Soldwisch, standing in for Jess Budde this week, for some can’t-miss updates.
This week we have news from our fan favorite, Google as they give us some new reporting and ad creation features for responsive search ads. We also have updates from the social media front as Instagram increases its security measures and Facebook ads a new pixel for Groups. Then we will move into our lightning round where we quickly recap even more updates and finish off the show by featuring our “Must Read Marketing Article Of The Week” which we think you are really going to like this week! Make sure you tune in every week and subscribe to our YouTube channel to stay informed, updated and entertained. All articles & resources discussed are in the links below, so feel free to check them out!
Must Read Marketing Article Of The Week:
- The Ultimate Guide To Facebook Dynamic Creative Ads by Cypress North
What we’ve got lined up for this week’s main Marketing O’Clock news:
- Google Ads introduces ‘ad strength’ indicator & reporting for responsive search ads
- Have you been wanting to know what combinations of these ‘responsive search ads’ work best? Let’s give a warm welcome to ‘Ad Strength!’
- Facebook adds pixel to Groups so marketers can track engaged audiences
- This new feature aims to have marketers pay closer attention to Facebook Groups and understand audiences better.
- Google Search Console query reports now exclude ‘anonymous query’ data from chart totals
- Say goodbye to anonymous queries in Search Console.
- Instagram fights back against fake accounts & bad actors with new safety tools
- Larger accounts will get a new feature called ‘about this account’ in order to increase their security measures.
Lightning Round Articles that you don’t want to miss!
- Google Ads Overview Page (supported tweet)
- Google adds new ‘veteran-led’ attribute to Google My Business profile
- Continuing charm offensive, Facebook creates tool to boost news publishers’ reach on the platform
- Facebook opens up video ad opportunities to more creators as it takes Watch global
- Twitter to enforce new rules around issue ads starting September 30
- Google Converts PDFs To HTML For Indexing In Search
- Google Launches Structured Data Codelab
- Email Marketing Turned 40 – Now what?