Google Search Console automates domain verification, SEO experts weigh in on 2019 Google ranking factors, grab some popcorn for the Twitter showdown of Jason Fried vs. Google, Facebook suffers another security breach, Youtube abbreviates subscriber count, Microsoft adds a new function to Excel, The Office helps diagnose technical SEO problems, and Amazon initiates the future of shopping with Whole Foods.
Listen above and read the full show notes below.
This Week’s Digital Marketing News [02:45]
- Google Search Console Makes it Easier to Verify Domain Properties
- Google Ranking Factors 2019: Opinions from 1,500+ Professional SEOs
- Jason Fried vs. Google on Twitter
Must-Read Marketing Articles of the Week [48:00]
Take of the Week [17:00]
- Bing Webmaster Tools allows site verification via Google Search Console
- Signs Of A Google Search Ranking Algorithm Update On August 29th
- YouTube Will Show Abbreviated Subscriber Counts Starting in September
- 3 unexpected ways shoppers turn to video in the store aisle
- The Four Rs of Responsibility, Part 1: Removing harmful content
- @JohnMu confirms the best way to reach out to Google is on Reddit.
- It’s Facebook Official, Dating Is Here
- Now Facebook says it may remove Like counts
- A huge database of Facebook users’ phone numbers found online
Working Hard or Hardly Working [39:10]
W T H [42:03]
Cool Tool [46:12]
Shoot The Heck [50:58]
Hope’s Succulent Update