- CPC bidding has arrived for traffic and conversion campaign objectives!
- CPC minimum bid is $0.25 (default minimum bid is $0.50).
- You can now optimize your campaign for app installs on mobile on a pay-per-click basis.
- Brand awareness and reach campaign objectives are still on a CPM basis only. BUT, the CPM minimum bid is now $5.00 (we are not thrilled).
How To Navigate:
- Reddit has automatically shut off all of your running ad groups for the update and switched them to CPC (ads that were already paused weren’t updated).
- You need to manually go into each ad group, edit the bidding type, and set it to live again.
- If it looks like all of your previous data has disappeared, simply change your view from default to archive.
CPC Bidding Only
- A CPM $5.00 minimum is crazy! So avoid CPM at all costs. Set all of your ad groups to CPC bidding at the $0.25 minimum.
- A CPC of $0.25 minimum is still fairly high so you’ll want to make sure that you’re being very strict with your targeting.
- Keep a close eye on conversions and how much of your budget is actually being spent.
- Create high-quality creative to help narrow your targeting even more.
- Don’t assume that anything you had running before the update is going to perform the same now.
- Keep testing everything until you find what works best.