Buying ads is fucking boring. Making weird, wonderful, audacious things is not. Hear how we almost parted ways with our Head of Marketing until we decided to take a chance on something entirely different, and 100% fun —> https://t.co/CPni3hrX3v
— Jason Fried (@jasonfried) December 15, 2020
PSA: you now need to remove KWs (instead of just pausing them) if you want to copy and paste an existing ad group/campaign to retain structure/ad creative.
— Navah Hopkins (@navahf) December 10, 2020
- Google launches programmatic ads for Web Stories
- Google Web Stories ads now available via Display Network
— Andrea Cruz (@andreacruz92) December 12, 2020
- LinkedIn Begins Testing Ads in LinkedIn Stories
- Twitter Seeks to Provide More Brand-Safety Tools with New Ad Verification Partnerships
- Google Gives New Names To Surfaces Across Google & Shopping Actions
- Google Ads moves campaign goal metric
Imagine the hellscape in which you're a Google public relations rep and you have to write the sentence:
"While we no longer consider the US 2020 election to be a sensitive event" pic.twitter.com/Vfs2XtFcJL
— Mark Irvine (@MarkIrvine89) December 11, 2020
— Mark Irvine (@MarkIrvine89) December 11, 2020
New FB Feature Alert!
You can run Calls in addition to Forms via the Lead Objective in FB. Pretty dope to throw both in a CBO with cost caps respective to their internal value!🔥🔥🔥#ppcchat #fbadschat #MarketingTwitter #semrushchat pic.twitter.com/xKFRQVSOA0
— Mark Gustafson (@markpgus) December 11, 2020
— Barry Schwartz (@rustybrick) December 10, 2020
If you manage FB ads and have not setup 2 factor authentication, this may happen to you. I like how when I set it up, they actually tried to use my phone number for ads… This for security reasons or a mobile phone number grab? #ppcchat pic.twitter.com/Sxf306FuEh
— lchasse (@lchasse) December 14, 2020
"Google Reps – A Thread"
Out of the blue I get an email from our New account rep wanting to set up a call to go over recommendations for the account. Me knowing how those calls go send back a very polite, "please send over your ideas via email & I'll take a look." pic.twitter.com/TyF9LApgLq
— Shaun Elley (@selley2134) December 11, 2020
- Google December 2020 core update is now fully rolled out
- Bing Webmaster Tools adds Microsoft Clarity integration
- HTTP Archive’s annual state of the web report
— Barry Schwartz (@rustybrick) December 14, 2020
Subject: Negative brand impact of PAA results.
Google has been including more balanced questions into People Also Ask (PAA) results. Here is a selection where I think they go to far. This selection was found in 7 searches at random for companies that came to mind. pic.twitter.com/Lpxtnc0qmf
— JR Oakes (@jroakes) December 8, 2020
- Top-Trending 2020 YouTube Videos Demonstrate Longer Is Stronger
- How you’ll find accurate and timely information on COVID-19 vaccines
Hip(po), hip(po), hooray! 🦛 There are 50 new AR animals to discover on Search. Search for your favorite animal on your Google mobile app, tap "View in 3D" to see them in your space and don’t forget to share your best creations with #Google3D. pic.twitter.com/u80Mn7wi1z
— Google (@Google) December 11, 2020
- An update on the Structured Data Testing Tool
- Google Maps local listing now showing web search results
— Glenn Gabe (@glenngabe) December 15, 2020
🔴 More ways to 🎧 listen to #SearchOfftheRecord 🎙
Due to popular demand, the @googlesearchc podcast show is now also available on ▶️ YouTube!
Check out the new YouTube playlist → https://t.co/XrfoJ7StMo
— Google Search Central (@googlesearchc) December 10, 2020
Walmart partners with TikTok to test live-streamed video shopping, during which users will be able to shop Walmart fashion without leaving the app (@sarahintampa / TechCrunch)https://t.co/AGEQlAfuP8https://t.co/YLmVcXIORJ
— Techmeme (@Techmeme) December 17, 2020
- Instagram Adds Shopping Tags to Reels, the Next Step in its eCommerce Push
- Instagram Tests Sharing Reels to Facebook’s News Feed and Watch Listings
After learning from this product experience, we’re sharing an update: today Retweet functionality will be returning to the way it was before.
Here's what we saw while we prompted Quote Tweets (1/4): https://t.co/MzoDKy3d69
— Twitter Support (@TwitterSupport) December 16, 2020
Some personal news: the Periscope app will be going away next year. We’re here to say goodbye. 👋
We appreciate all the support, learnings, and broadcasts from our vibrant creator community. More on our difficult decision to discontinue the app: https://t.co/jZWjDlsRHk (1/2) pic.twitter.com/Kfgvocq31O
— Periscope (@PeriscopeCo) December 15, 2020
Here is a link to a report on the German Federal Cartel Office case against Facebook in Feb 2019 which Facebook appealed and then a Judge intervened last June. It's a bid deal and instructive as the first antitrust case against FB based on data practices. https://t.co/ySbQ2seFAv
— Jason Kint (@jason_kint) December 10, 2020
- Facebook publicly launches its collaborative music video app, Collab
- Facebook Expands Brand Collabs Manager to Include Facebook Groups, Adds New Group Post Options
- You can now add tweets to your snaps
- Pinterest Adds New Board Features to Improve User Navigation
- Facebook Builds New Tool to Compete With Cameo, Let Fans Connect With Celebs
- Facebook Said It’s Developing A Tool To Read Your Brain
- Squad is now part of Twitter!
- Reddit to Buy TikTok Rival Dubsmash in New Video Push
- Facebook Is Developing A Tool To Summarize Articles So You Don’t Have To Read Them
LOL and you thought you were going to be able to not work over the holidays… pic.twitter.com/QPC2Ek6GB2
— Taylor Cohen (@ttayl0r) December 10, 2020
It is time. pic.twitter.com/htQ9QYYmuV
— Taylor, "social media person" (@marketingwitch) December 9, 2020
Hey Greg 👋
Late to the party but we did a little number crunching. We're seeing a median conversion rate of 5.4% for traffic from 🇨🇦 and 6% for traffic from the 🇺🇸.
Data is sampled from Aug. 2020 from over 7000 ecomm LPs.
Hope that helps puts things in perspective!
— unbounce (@unbounce) December 16, 2020
The iOS 14 ad tracking update isn't just a "reporting" issue that will be solved by advertisers having to make better creative to drive quicker purchases or require us to be stricter with attribution. Here's why…
— Maurice Rahmey (@mrahmey) December 17, 2020