Eric Enge is a US Search Personality of the Year winner, Landy Awards: Search Marketer of the Year winner, co-author of The Art of SEO, founder of Next10x Digital Marketing Conference, former founder and CEO of Stone Temple, and currently a general manager of Perficient Digital. Eric is also a columnist and contributor to Forbes, Search Engine Land, Search Engine Watch, Copyblogger, Moz, Marketing Land, and Social Media Today.
What is the key to success?
- Hire people that are smarter than you and have skills that you don’t. This helps fill in the gaps and build a valuable team.
What should people expect from the NEXT10X Digital Marketing Conference?
1. What was the biggest mistake you made in your digital marketing career?
- Our company had too much arrogance with a big client and we lost the deal.
2. What is the hardest thing about running an agency?
- People management. You have to constantly make an effort to keep your employees’ skills up to date, make sure they have a clear understanding of expectations, keep them engaged and energized, and making sure that everyone is getting what they want out of the job.
3. What book/blog/website has had the biggest impact on your career?
4. What is the most important factor to be successful in any career?
- A constant curiosity and desire to learn because it’s ever-changing.