Join Greg Finn for this special episode of Off The Clock where we break down Kirk’s digital marketing journey. Learn how Kirk got started, what he has learned, what he hates, and how he manages to run two companies while managing a family of five.
1. What was your first job?
- Maintenance at my college. Fixing doors, lawn care, clearing the snow, and wandering the campus. It was low stress but low pay.
2. What was the biggest mistake you made in your digital marketing career?
Not valuing the process more quickly.
3. What is the best thing about working in-house?
- You’re laser focused into the brand and you really get to know everything about it.
4. Who were the most influential people that you looked up to in digital marketing?
5. What book/blog/website has had the biggest impact on your career?
- PPCHero.com and Science of Advertising.
6. What is the most important factor to be successful in a digital marketing career?
- Being able to do stats and reporting analysis so you understand why you’re doing something.