I’m planning to open a restaurant called Close Variants. We plan to get your order mostly right each time. If you have any dietary needs please know that we only reveal some of our ingredients, and only if those ingredients have been ordered by a significant number of customers.
— Kyle Munson (@kylewmunson) March 8, 2021
Unplanned outages are stressful enough – here's how to win a bit of time. If your site is completely down, serve 503 for all requests asap (you can show a user-friendly page too). If your host is down, point your DNS to a temporary host that just serves 503.
— 🍌 John 🍌 (@JohnMu) March 10, 2021
- Twitter will now enable advertisers to control who can reply to their promoted tweets
- Snapchat launches new iOS 14 resource hub to help advertisers with upcoming changes
- Google My Business report shows how people found your business
- Microsoft Bing rolls out 5 upgrades to search results
- Google short videos now source from Facebook
- Twitter is testing a new ‘undo’ option for sent tweets
- Facebook expands access to its community manager certification courses
- Tiktok announces ‘ready, set, grow’ summit for SMBs
- Tiktok rolls out Q&A feature to all creator accounts
- Facebook enables more users to switch off political ads, expanding the option to more than 90 regions
- Instagram says that it’s exploring options that would enable users to hide like counts if they choose
- A social platform built for good?
This Week’s Tweets
We’ll send the dozens of articles in the lightning round and absolutely everything that we covered this week!