In this week’s digital marketing news, Google Search deduplicates listings in the SERPs if Featured Snippets are present, Google helps users keep track of their recent recipe searches, a Google Ads optimization score trick leaves us speechless, learn how blogging has transformed over the past 5 years, Twitter teases a explore page extreme makeover, Spotify becomes a new social network with playlist stories, we mourn Mr. Peanuts, and strangers become acquaintances with the snap of a photo.
This Week’s Digital Marketing News [03:23]
- [03:23] Deduplication of Google’s Organic Listings.
- [12:08] A fresh way to revisit your online finds in Google Search
Take of the Week [15:14]
- Dismissing Google Ads recommendations
- Google Ads parallel tracking for video manual switch
- Google removes ‘ads’ and ‘sponsored’ labels from flight search results
- Sunsetting support for data-vocabulary
- CallRail adds call analytics integration with Google My Business
- Google desktop favicon search results study
- Google Podcasts App and Making Podcasts Easier to Find
- [New Research] How has Blogging Changed? 5 Years of Blogging Statistics, Data and Trends
- Google Search Showing Wrong URL In Snippets
- Chrome for Android tests favicons in address bar autocomplete to match desktop
- Facebook Backs Off on Plan to Bring Ads to WhatsApp
- Spotify’s new test lets influencers post Stories to introduce their own playlists
- Changes Could be Coming for Twitter’s Explore Page
- Facebook Hit With Class-Action Suit by Developers Over Loss of Access to Social Data in 2014
- Instagram Drops IGTV Button Due to Lack of Use
- Say more with new emoji reactions for Direct Messages!