Google introduces algorithmic updates for reviews, Youtube gives insight into videos with timestamps, Facebook ads are about to get a lot more interactive, Instagram takes action against influencer tea, Amazon is under investigation for manipulating search results, Facebook (finally) allows businesses to schedule Instagram posts in advance, and storming Area 51 just reached a whole other level.
Listen above and read the full show notes below.
This Week’s Digital Marketing News [01:10]
- Making Review Rich Results more helpful
- Google Officially Adds Timestamps to Videos in Search Results
- Facebook’s new interactive ads let you play a game or try on lipstick colors
Must-Read Marketing Articles of the Week [47:08]
Take of the Week [12:12]
- Microsoft Advertising’s product, similar audiences now available to more advertisers
- Google Ads auction-time bidding comes to Search Ads 360
- Instagram will restrict who can see posts about cosmetic procedures, weight loss products
- LinkedIn Ads now allows you to use OR / AND directives when creating audiences!
- You can now add “Categories” as a new rule to target specific web pages
- Report alleges Amazon manipulating search results to boost its products, profit
- YouTube tests profile cards that show users’ comment history
- Instagram Posts Can Now Be Scheduled in Advance Through Facebook
- Meet the New Portal Family: Smart Video Calling on Your TV and Anywhere in Your Home
- Google Shortens Title Length In Search By ~5 Characters On Average
- LinkedIn Now Has a Way for Users to Verify Their Skills