September 28th, 2018
Watch this week’s episode of Marketing O’Clock, where you will get your weekly dose of the biggest news from the digital marketing industry.
Come and celebrate Google’s 20th birthday with Greg Finn and Jess Budde! This episode covers all the new Google updates and breaks each new feature down one-by-one with insightful and rich information and insights. Not only do we cover all the Google news there is but we even throw in some stories about Facebook introducing Stories ads and Snapchats new visual Amazon shopping cards for photos. That’s not all – our lightning round will quickly recap even more updates as we finish off the show by featuring our “Must Read Marketing Article Of The Week” which we think you are really going to like this week! Make sure you tune in every week and subscribe to our YouTube channel to stay informed, updated and entertained. All articles & resources discussed are in the links below, so feel free to check them out!
Must Read Marketing Article Of The Week:
- Featured Snippets Resource Center by Eric Enge
What we’ve got lined up for this week’s main Marketing O’Clock news:
- Google is 20! & Is Improving Search for the Next 20 years!
- As Google celebrates its 20th birthday they are giving us gifts as they continue to improve their search engine to make it easier for users!
- Introducing Google Discover
- Google is making “three fundamental shifts” to Search that will benefit the user and give them the information they want and need with the launch of Google feed and much more!
- Helping you along your Search journeys
- There are a variety of new Search features to help users along the way of their “Search Journey.” With new activity cards, collections, the organization of Search results and much more users have everything they need to find the information they are looking for.
- Making visual content more useful in Search
- We are a growing digital age and everyone is drawn to aesthetically pleasing images and informative video, Google is growing with our digital culture and is not offering tons of new visual features, like immersive stories and much more!
- Introducing Facebook Stories Ads
- Facebook is not offering ads in their Facebook stories similar to Instagram!
- Introducing Visual Search On Snapchat
- Search for products on Amazon from your Snapchat camera! A card will appear over the product and you can see if its available on Amazon right from Snapchat app.
Lightning Round Articles that you don’t want to miss!
- Adding More Choices for Video Ad Buyers
- Chrome is a Google Service that happens to include a Browser Engine
- Google Images update: Captions added to images, pulled from the page title tag
- Smart Bidding to be used for search partners
- Helping people find Pathways to their next job through Search
- Creating new policies together
- All together now: group planning on Google Maps