In this week’s digital marketing news, Google’s under fire for stealing content, Pinterest gets technical with their new Complete The Look system, we look into how much traffic Google is taking for themselves, Facebook announces its new Libra cryptocurrency, we debate Google’s daily budget rules, Julia Olennikova gives us 39 PPC tools for paid advertisers and more.
Listen above and find the full show notes below.
This Week’s Digital Marketing News [01:09]
- Lyrics Site Accuses Google of Lifting Its Content
- Introducing Complete the Look: a scene-based complementary recommendation system
- How Much of Google’s Search Traffic is Left for Anyone But Themselves?
- Facebook announces Libra cryptocurrency: All you need to know
Must Read Marketing Article of the Week [59:57]
Take of the Week [21:54]
- Google tests showing weekly site visits in automated ad extension
- Price extensions now supported in Microsoft Advertising Editor
- Google Lets Advertisers Promote YouTube Live Streams as Display Ads
- Google Shopping Bookmarks
- Simplifying portfolio bid strategies
- See landing page performance from Shopping campaigns on the “Landing pages” page
- Marketers spending 43% of budgets on Google, Facebook, Amazon, want ‘alternatives’
- Google promises to play nice with ad blockers (again)
- Facebook to remove ‘Company Overview’ and ‘Biography’ fields from Pages
- Did Google’s Site Diversity Update Live Up to its Promise?
- Share of U.S. adults using social media, including Facebook, is mostly unchanged since 2018
- Meet TikTok: How The Washington Post, NBC News, and The Dallas Morning News are using the of-the-moment platform
- Bye Bye Preferred Domain setting
- Searching news stories on Google
- New Google User Interface Updates: Refine Layers, Mini-Carousels, Shopping Toggle, Mortgage Calculator & More
- AMP Plugin Version 1.2 Release
- Twitter is Now Testing its ‘Hide Replies’ Option Among Users in Canada
- Google Search Console Missing Image Search Traffic Between June 5th & 7th