We will cover a wide range of topics today, from Apple announcing their push to expand into the advertising business to Facebook removing the “trending” section and much more!
Must Read Marketing Article Of The Week:
- 100+ Google SEO Success Factors, Ranked by Cyrus Shepard
What we’ve got lined up for this weeks Marketing O’Clock:
- Apple Looks to Expand Advertising Business With New Network for Apps
- Increasing ad sales would be very profitable for Apple, but they would face a highly competitive market with Google and Facebook.
- Bing Merchant Center launches Google Merchant Center Import Tool
- This new import tool will be great for keeping feeds up-to-date for Bing Shopping campaigns and increase efficiency all around.
- Yoast SEO Plugin 7.0 Bug Causes Ranking Drops
- This bug did not affect everyone but tt’s important to check your rankings and make sure they have not dropped since the Yoast update back in March.
- Google Posts Testing Different Design And Functional Treatments In The Search Results
- Google is testing three variations of how Google Posts appear in the search results. This may be a result of Google’s constant push towards a personalized user experience and what layout they feel will be more helpful to you.
- Google Posts Adds Product & Offer Options
- These new features can be used to emphasize a specific product of your business and if you are running a promotion could be an easy way to get more awareness and encourage users to buy.
- Removing Trending From Facebook
- “See ya” trending section. Facebook will be exploring new ways to help people stay informed based on the changes they’ve seen in the way people consume news on Facebook.
- Google News Confirms Killing Off Several Publisher Features
- Some of the features that Google is getting rid of include editor’s Picks, Standout and original-source tags, ability to highlight mobile apps and news crawl error tool on Search Console. Read the statemtn from Lisa Wang in the google product forum
- Google launches AdWords add-on for Google Sheets
- You can now import data from your AdWords account directly into Google sheets for analysis and reporting usage! Get the add-on here.
- Google AI Principles
- Google says they will not participate in “Weapons or other technologies whose principal purpose or implementation is to cause or directly facilitate injury to people.” Thanks Google.