- Google Marketing Live: Here come fully automated ads & campaigns for Local, Shopping & more
- Google announces several machine learning initiatives that will increase automation immensely. Some of these announcements include responsive search ads, “local campaign” type, and much more!
- Will It Blend? Google Data Studio Rolls out Data Blending
- There are a ton of new ways to use this new data blending feature! Check it out and play around with it.
- YouTube aims to show more authoritative search results around news topics
- No more fake news. YouTube is working to provide users with new features that promote authoritative news sources and Google is helping by investing in its search results and algorithms on the platform.
July 12, 2018
Google Announces Machine Learning Initiatives
☆ ATTENTION ☆ Major #digitalmarketing industry news this week! Join Greg Finn and Jess Budde on #MarketingOClock as they talk about updates like news from the keynote at Google Marketing Live, Facebooks new AR ads and much more! You don’t want to miss this episode! All articles & resources discussed are in the links below, so feel free to check them out! Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3O7ZW6JsUs Blog: https://cypressnorth.com/marketing-oclock/google-marketing-live-highlights-ar-facebook-ads-marketing-oclock-ep-26/
- Skip ahead to your favorite segments
- Digital Marketing News
- Lighting Round - Paid & Non Paid
- Must Read
- Twitter lets advertisers ‘take over’ the Explore tab
- Twitter adding in big visual banner gifs or background images in the Explore tab.
- Facebook is testing augmented reality ads in the News Feed
- Advertisers can now show off their products in a new way with Augmented Reality. Do you like that pair of shades? You can now “tap to try it on” before ordering.
- Confidence in follower counts
- Twitter is locking accounts if your follow accounts doesn’t seem legit.
- Google shows ‘People also search for’ suggestions in ad results, too
- Many advertisers do not like this new feature stating the suggestions look like ad extension and will distract from the ad.
- Introducing Call-To-Action buttons for ads!
- Reddit is trying to help you achieve your business objectives with this new CTA button option.
- Helping creators protect their content
- YouTubes new “Copyright Match Tool” will help users find re-uploads of their content.
- A New, Free Tool to Determine the True Influence of a Twitter Account
- It’s important to know who the true influencers on Twitter are. Check out this new tool that provides numbers and metrics to help find real influencers.
- Question Sticker
- if you watched last weeks episode then you’ve heard about the new “question” sticker for Instagram stories. It’s now LIVE so go check it out!