YouTube's new Clips feature is great for when sharing a full video link doesn't cut it. Topic exclusions are in the works for ads in Facebook's news feed, Google SERPs go all TMI, and Instagram's latest test is a story worth sharing.
Dear #fbadschat #ppcchat – one quick tip for Ads Manager if you are frustrated.
1️⃣ Reset Ad Manager
2️⃣ Close all your Fb and Ig tabs
3️⃣ Delete all cookies/content for Fb and Ig in your browser
4️⃣ Head back to ad manager and realize it did nothing because it awful and foaLKNLHILJ
— Zach (@zmste) January 27, 2021
Google Shopping Ads 🛍️
2020 was a crazy year but there is room to grow and scale shopping ads for many brands.🚀
After working on more shopping ad audits then you can shake a stick at. Here are 8 areas that brands need to work on if you can not scale or hit ROAS goals. 🥅
— Duane Brown 🇨🇦🏳️🌈 4x Vax'ed! (@duanebrown) February 2, 2021
Lightning Round Articles
- About Facebook metrics being removed
- Microsoft Ads – Better offline conversions management & February key product updates
- Google Rides Global Ad Recovery to Record Revenue
- Search Console Discover report now includes Chrome data
- Google ‘Key Moments’ YouTube Video Timestamp Desktop Test
- Google: All Core Web Vitals May Need to Be Met For Ranking Boost
- Google Updates Shopping Search Results With “Black—owned” Label
- Honoring the legacy of Black-owned businesses in the US
- Google Improves Web Stories WordPress Plugin
- Google Stadia Shuts Down Internal Studios, Changing Business Focus
- Instagram Adds ‘Recently Deleted’ Folder to Safeguard Against Mistaken Post Removal
- Introducing Instagram Content Publishing API
- Twitter Quietly Removes its Ads Transparency Center
- Facebook reports record revenue, but warns of Apple’s privacy changes
- Facebook Tests New Prompts to Encourage Users to Allow Data Tracking as IDFA Changes Loom
- Facebook’s Daily Active Usage Has Stalled in the US – A Sign of Concern for The Social Network?
- Twitter Embraces Imperfection With Its Fresh New Look
This Week’s Tweets
We’ll send the dozens of articles in the lightning round and absolutely everything that we covered this week!