The Spring and Summer of 2021 were truly unprecedented algorithmic times for Google. So, the Marketing O’Clock team talks to the best and brightest in SEO to discuss the impact across sites, verticals, and the web as a whole. Our SEO experts are:
First, Google announced Core Web Vitals and the Page Experience Update. Then, in the months ahead of the rollout, they seemed to drop one update after another. With all these fluctuations, how can SEOs even begin to assess the impact on site performance?
We break down all the updates from recent months:
- April 8: Product Reviews Update
- June 2: Core Update
- June 15: Page Experience Update starts rolling out
- June 23: Spam Update (Part One)
- June 28: Spam Update (Part Two)
- July 1: Core Update
- July 26: Link Spam Update (took until Aug 24 to fully roll out)
- Sep 2: Page Experience Update finished rolling out (with News changes to finish within the following week.)
Plus, our experts tell you what you need to know about the changes in Google’s Web Titles and share advice for surviving and thriving across future core updates.