This week’s digital marketing news features a rare occurrence of a Google core update announcement, fighting keyword cannibalisation, new Facebook ad video creation tools, organic branded content used as Instagram ads, the future (or lack thereof) of political advertising, more evidence building against the Google monopoly and teenagers airdropping unsuspecting strangers memes for fun.
Listen above and find the full show notes below.
This Week’s Digital Marketing News [01:15]
- Google begins rolling out June 2019 core update
Must Read Marketing Article of the Week [37:55]
Take of the Week [09:20]
- Google is expanding when it shows ads to ‘people in targeted locations’
- Understand the Results of Your Dynamic Creative Ad
- Making It Easier to Create Mobile Video Ads with New Features in the Video Creation Kit
- New: Branded Content Ads on Instagram
- TikTok is testing interest-based ad targeting
- Local Inventory ads rolling out of beta in Microsoft Advertising
- Amazon is acquiring Sizmek Ad Server and Sizmek DCO
- Google axes political ads in Washington state, LinkedIn does it globally
- Google Showing New Local Scroll Pak
- Firefox will begin blocking trackers by default
- Google Webmasters Tweet
- Bing turns 10!
- Third Annual Podcast Ad Revenue Study by IAB and PwC Reports Significant Growth
What The Heck [32:45]
Cool Tool [36:28]