In this week’s digital marketing news, brought to you by Marketing O’Clock, Instagram breaks away from vertical IGTV videos, Google Search welcomes icons and a new website headline design, Linkedin Ads add an ad tab to pages (say that five times fast), Google “forgets” to notify everyone about their new Google Images plan, Tesla makes an interesting choice for its new social media manager, and it’s not a big deal, but Google is stalking your every online shopping move.
Read the full show notes below.
This Week’s Digital Marketing News [01:08]
- IGTV Now Supports Landscape Videos
- A new look for Google Search
- Making Advertising More Transparent on LinkedIn
- Google says image search referrals will not get new source URL (but forgets to tell us)
Take of the Week [11:05]
Must Read Marketing Article of the Week [33:40]
- Google Ads Now Lets You Sort Your Campaigns
- These are the Google Ads reporting metrics still affected by May 2 bug
- ‘Larger than usual’ ad fraud on exchanges prompts Google to offer advertiser refunds
- New recommendations added to optimization score
- Google Ads Columns Malfunction
- Google Stopped Indexing The Web?
- Google Updates The Search Quality Raters Guidelines After 10 Months
- Google has been tracking nearly everything you buy online — see for yourself with this tool
- Glass Enterprise Edition 2: faster and more helpful
- Spotify begins testing its first hardware: a car smart assistant
- Turns out some groups axed by Facebook for content violations were actually hacked
What The Heck [29:27]