August 10th, 2018
Check your watch because it’s time for Marketing O’Clock with Greg Finn and Jess Budde! Watch this episode to get your weekly dose of the biggest news from the digital marketing industry this week.
Medic! The results of last week’s core algorithm are in, and the early indicators look to be influencing YMYL sites. Barry Schwartz from Search Engine Roundtable has dubbed the update Medic (Medic!) and we talk about what the community is saying. Next, we cover new opportunities coming soon to a Google Ads near you could be a competitive advantage around headlines and descriptions and lastly Facebook Pages are getting revamped. We also have our lightning round where we quickly recap even more updates and feature our “Must Read Marketing Article Of The Week.” There are a lot of updates this week so make sure you tune in and subscribe to our YouTube channel to stay informed, updated and entertained each week. All articles & resources discussed are in the links below, so feel free to check them out!
Must Read Marketing Article Of The Week:
- Creating Kick-Ass Marketing Reports Through Progressive Detail – Ian Laurie, Portent
This amazing article guides you through the proper way to create a report. Ian dives in as to how you can create something that works across all types of personas, and how you can use the progressiveness of data to keep both C-somethings and practitioners happy with one report!
What we’ve got lined up for this week’s main Marketing O’Clock news:
- Google Medic Update: Google’s Core Search Update Had Big Impact On Health/Medical Sites
Medic! See why Barry Schwartz aptly dubbed the new update “medic”. More information on the YMYL & EAT conversations here:
– The August 1, 2018 Google Update strongly affected YMYL sites – Marie Haynes
– Google Medic Update – August 1st – Traffic Stats Updated – Brian Chappell
– Industry Teardown – The True Cost of Building the Best Content – Brian Chappell
- Improving Pages, Events and Jobs to Help Local Businesses Grow
See what the upcoming “facelift” to your pages may look like & how they will affect you.
- Google extends added character benefits of Responsive Search Ads to text ads
From the amazing Ginny Marvin’s article: “You get an extra headline! And you get an extra headline! Oh, and you get a longer description, too.” That’s gold Ginny, gold!
Lightning Round Articles that you don’t want to miss!
- New Update Chart Time Comparison in Google Ads
- Google now recommends adding datePublished and dateModified to non-AMP Article pages
- Multi-factor authentication policy for Google Ads accounts
- Google: The Search Console Index Coverage Report is now more accurate
- Now playing: Promoted Video at max. Width
- The option to activate Google signals will be rolling out to all users in the coming weeks.
- Amazon to merge its ad businesses into one platform