Today’s episode of Marketing O’Clock is brought to you by Upfluence. With Upfluence’s all-in-one platform, marketers can streamline their influencer marketing campaigns and scale their influencer programs in no time.
- Google passage ranking, it is not passage indexing
Passages is a game changer. I’m sure Medical News Today is a fine site, but I’ll never know. I’m also sure they don’t mind this at all. pic.twitter.com/L3SxY5GfkS
— Jon Henshaw (@henshaw) October 21, 2020
Using AI, we're better able to detect key parts of videos and help people jump directly into the right moments without creators having to manually tag them. By the end of the year, 10% of Google Searches will use this technology. #SearchOn pic.twitter.com/Kf3pyxYMz7
— Danny Sullivan (@dannysullivan) October 15, 2020
- Google releases promotions, pricing updates for both advertisers and users this holiday season
- Justice Department sues Google, alleging multiple violations of federal antitrust law
- Facebook launches new Shopping audiences, Instagram Product Tag ads, tests Shops discounts
This is called "Ode to Facebook" ❤️
There once was a young man that managed ads,
Who hated when half-baked ad-tech made him look bad,
"I've got it!" he said,
"I'll simply never get out of bed,"
And now all his clients are mad.
***#ppcchat #fbadschat (2/2)
— Tim Halloran ☕️ (@timmhalloran) October 13, 2020
Facebook approvals are super slow right now so if you've got a sale, launch, etc coming up next week get your campaigns/ads built out right meow.
— Pamela Lund (@Pamela_Lund) October 21, 2020
- Microsoft Advertising: Automated bidding strategies update
- Google tests local ads in Maps auto-suggest results
GOOGLE ADS: *NEW* You can link GA4 (App + Web & Firebase) to your Google Ads accounts.
— Steven Johns (@stevenjohns21) October 21, 2020
People don't give enough credit to LinkedIn Ads – they continue to add more and more settings. Here is a screenshot that shows how to change the conversion window and the attribution model #ppcchat pic.twitter.com/GtsYMhoC2m
— Andrea Cruz (@andreacruz92) October 21, 2020
- Joe Bidens’s campaign has been unwittingly funding Breitbart all this time
- TikTok and OpenSlate partner to bring TikTok brand safety solution to advertisers
v2: Google Analytics with asynchronous tracking
v3: Universal Analytics
— Bobby Kircher (@bobbykircher) October 17, 2020
— Jonathan Ellins (@Jonathan_Ellins) October 16, 2020
- A deeply flawed lawsuit that would do nothing to help consumers
- Amazon launches a program to pay consumers for their data on non-Amazon purchases
💯 One of the best ways to determine if “unchecked power” is in play, is how they communicate to the underlings. I.e., Google’s recent release to advertisers on Search Terms. They just don’t have to communicate well because they know they have ultimate power. 🤔 #ppcchat pic.twitter.com/zOn1hNkXIp
— Kirk Williams (@PPCKirk) October 20, 2020
- PayPal launches new service enabling users to buy, hold, and sell Cryptocurrency
- Podcast listening outlook: The holidays
- Quibi is shutting down six months after the $2billion video service’s debut
- Yahoo Groups to fully shut down on December 15, 2020
- Google Play Music stops working on Android, iOS, and web
- Google discontinues the Nest Secure Alarm System
Facebook is testing a Nextdoor-like 'Neighborhoods' feature in Canada
— Glenn Gabe (@glenngabe) October 21, 2020
— Julie F Bacchini (@NeptuneMoon) October 21, 2020
Don’t miss Marketing O’Clock Live at the SEJ eSummit!