July 20th, 2018
Watch this week’s episode of Marketing O’Clock with your hosts Greg Finn and Jess Budde to get your weekly dose of the biggest news from the digital marketing industry this week.
Our main stories include news from Facebook Ads Manager making ad creation easier on mobile, Google Posts new “Call Now” button, Instagram’s new DM update and much more! We also have our lightning round where we quickly recap some more updates and feature our “Must Read Marketing Article Of The Week.” There is a lot of updates this week so make sure you tune in and subscribe to our YouTube channel to stay informed, updated and entertained each week. All articles & resources discussed are in the links below, so feel free to check them out!
Must Read Marketing Article Of The Week:
- Trapped In Google’s New Video Carousels – A Dangerous SERP Feature For Some Ecommerce etailers [Case Study] By
What we’ve got lined up for this week’s main Marketing O’Clock news:
- New features in the Facebook Ads Manager app make building ads on mobile easier
- Facebook ads 5 new features, like image cropping, text overlays and more to make building ads more user-friendly on mobile.
- Google Posts Adds Call Now Button
- This new call-to-action allows you to add your phone number to any posts on Google My Business
- An update to referral source URLs for Google Images
- There is a new referer URL for Google Images: https://images.google.com.
- New: See when your friends are online to DM
- You can now see when your friends are online in the Instagram messenger app – making “sliding into those DM’s” a whole lot easier.
- Google Search Console Search Analytics API now gives you 25,000 rows per request
- This is up from the original 5,000 rows per request users had previously.
- Instagram is testing feature that allows public accounts to remove followers
- Less aggressive then blocking someone completely, this new “remove” feature on Instagram will let you have more control over who follows you.
- New in AMP stories: Monetization, Revamped bookends and Metadata
- Based on some user feedback AMP came up with these three new capabilities and plan to release even more in the future.
- EU fines Google 5 billion
- EU punishes tech giant Google for forcing cell phone companies to download Google search and browser apps.